This week, we Skype-it-up all the way to Georgia to speak to teacher, writer, PhD student, and transmedia editor Alexandra Kingsley! We get cerebral about fandom/fandom platforms, boy band aesthetics, and the easily-forgotten history of internet fan culture. We also break down what’s wrong with dissecting One Direction fan behavior on Tumblr, freak out about mens touching one another, and convince you to play the very dangerous Badland Girls drinking game.
This episode features the always rad Alex! Check it out!
- grimandtonic likes this
- gentlehousing reblogged this from cuddlemnstr and added:
- cuddlemnstr reblogged this from nonnonmodernist and added:
- nocrimeinthewasteland likes this
- gorgeousnerd likes this
- signalsfromsaturn likes this
- blurintofocus likes this
- somedeadbody likes this
- nonnonmodernist reblogged this from badlandgirls and added:
- nonnonmodernist likes this
- signalsfromsaturn reblogged this from badlandgirls and added:
- vivian-fu likes this
- paradebegins reblogged this from badlandgirls
- badlandgirls posted this